Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pixie Hooded Coat by BigLittle

I got to be part of the test group for the new Pixie Hooded Pattern by Big Little and can I just say what a great experience it was!  And the end result were 2 great coats for my girls, that they actually chose to wear! (Check out my other version over here).
The coat is very versatile and will cross over from season to season depending on the fabric choice. For this one I used a home decorator weight fabric for the outside (sorry, no source because it was given to me by my mom a couple of years ago) and a fuzzy blanket found on the Target clearance aisle for the lining. I also added a band of red biased tape around the hood for a little contrast/pop of color.
The pattern comes in a huge range of sizes (1-14 children's), 2 hood options (pixie or rounded) and there is also a pea coat version available as well as a women's pattern in the works.
As for the pattern itself, this would be a great beginners pattern!!! And the result will be something that will have people saying "You sewed that?!?"  There are no button holes, zippers or anything else too scary. Lisa has done a great job writing up the directions and giving great visuals as well.
The other great thing about the pattern...it comes together super fast!!! I sewed this coat together in a morning...so there is some instant gratification involved as well.  I also like this because I won't feel too bad when they outgrow it so quickly...I only invested a minimal amount of time and materials in it, but I got what I think are stunning results.
So if you are looking for a great versatile coat pattern that goes together quickly your really should check out the Pixie Hooded Coat or the Pea Coat by Big Little.
Now for a couple more pictures of my not so little Nordic Pixie (the fabric reminds me of the Norwegian/Swedish prints):



5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this coat and it looks great on your daughter! The pixie hood is my favorite part and I like the pops of red. It looks so warm and cozy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fabric you chose! The coat looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love your dress and style so beautiful.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...