Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ruffled Repurpose--Week 3 of Project Run and Play

 I originally blogged about this dress a couple of weeks ago here, but didn't have any close ups of the details.  I retell the story again, since I'm using this for the third week of Project Run and Play.
I started out with 2 shirts of mine that were really comfortable, but had kind of gotten wonky in the couple of years I have had them.  Since they were still comfortable I decided to turn them into a dress for my daughter.
 I started by using one of her shirts to use as a pattern.
Then I cut up the pieces and figured out the placements.  I changed it from this picture a little by not putting the bottom red ruffle on and adding a little more gray onto the final gray piece.
 Here's the final look.  She says it is super comfortable.






1 comment:

  1. So cute. I love the way you ruffled the knit! And the double ruffle on the sleeve is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...