Monday, August 6, 2012

Dyed and Dried

So the pre-pleated trim is dyed and dried.  I tried the ombre effect, with every 3 minutes or so adding another yard of trim to the dye bath.  Not sure if you can see the results very well right now, but hopefully when I put it continuously on to a skirt you can see the gradual color change. 
I also threw in a piece of eyelet that I had laying around, thinking I could use it for sleeves or something if I used the trim on a dress rather than a skirt.  However, it turned out much more purple.  Not sure why, but it must have something to do with the different type of fabric.
 I mentioned in my last post how I get to raid my mom's sewing room every time I go home.  Sometimes she is just getting rid of stuff, but sometimes I look with something in mind.  She doesn't sew much in the way of clothing anymore.  She does a lot of quilting though.  Because of that I get to pick out notions and fabric that she doesn't need anymore.  Here is a sampling of what I came home with this time.  Lot's of rick rack in fun colors.  My favorites are the gingham bias tape and various colors of rick rack.
 Here's just a fun picture of all of the rick rack that had prices on them.  My how times have changed.
 I also got a bag of woven trim.  Not sure what I'm going to do with this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...