Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review of Pattern by Elegance and Elephants

Heidi over at Elegance and Elephants is venturing into creating her own patterns and I am so excited for her. I 'met' her while playing along with Project Run and Play, was excited for her when she got to compete for real and have loved all that she has made and created for her kids.
  This Ruffle Top, with dress options, is her first and I got to be one of the pattern testers.  I was so excited to be chosen and had fun sewing this up.  The pattern will be available in PDF form next week, so check back on Heidi's blog for more information!
The pattern is an easy sew and took me just a little over 2 hours.  It would be a great pattern for a beginner because Heidi does a great job explaining everything, without making it seem complicated.  Her pictures are helpful.  It is also rather a simple pattern while teaching some great fundamentals of sewing.
 The hard part for me was making it more appropriate for an almost 10 year old (the pattern will be offered in size 18 months to size 8--I have a very petite daughter).  All of the pictures I had seen of the top/dress were on such cute toddlers, so I had a hard time imagining it on Sophia.  She helped me pick out the fabric and the color combination, which I think helps it seem a little grown up. They are both a 60/40 linen/cotton blend which came from JoAnn's.  
Here are a couple more pictures so that you can see the details, which make this dress so special.  Like everything that Heidi makes, her attention to the little details that make an outfit elegant are perfect. 






5 comments:

  1. I got to test the same pattern. I love the dress you made, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job - I have my post almost ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this outfit! Have we mentioned lately how much we've missed our weekly communication with you!??!!? Love seeing what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress Sally!! Your daughter knows how to pick fabric; that linen is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...