Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Fun with the Breeze Top Tour

Are you looking for a great summer top that is easy to make and perfect for summer in so many ways? Well the Breeze Top/Tunic just might be the one you are looking for! Shannon of Little Kids Grow has produced another solid pattern that is sure to become a staple for the summer wardrobe.
The top has a simple lined razorback yoke that was surprisingly easy to sew, as Shannon does a great job with instructions and illustrations.
Check out the end of the post for a give-a-way and discount code!
 I was lucky enough to help test this pattern (that's Sophia you see on the 'cover') and now I'm lucky to be a part of the tour. This go around I made two swimsuit cover ups for my girls. But this top is very versatile...it could be made fancy or casual, summery or will be perfect for layering in the fall/winter. Check out my other versions over at Sew Cool for the Tween Scene.
 They are doing swim team this summer and wanted something to throw on while they have to wait for the other to practice.  I used jersey knit for the tops and a light weight terry cloth like fabric (it was from my mom's stash, so who knows how old it is and what it actually is) for the bottom.
 The only thing I changed was that I lengthened the skirt portion by several inches, used the width of the fabric instead of using the suggested measurements and I didn't include the band at the bottom and I added pockets.
 While this pattern seems so basic, it leaves a lot open to add to it to fit your needs. And do you know what, this pattern cuts and goes together really fast!!! I loved that there are only printable pieces for the top portion. And then because the bodice part is lined all of the seams are hidden. I'm telling you it is a fast and efficient pattern that results in the perfect light weight summer top!
 For Clara I cut a size 8 and for Sophia a size 10. Clara's might be a little big (she was on the small size of the chart), but because it is just a cover up it works perfectly. The ruffle you see is from her swimsuit, just so you know.
 Really you should go and check out this pattern for yourself! And while you are at it, go and check out the other people participating on the tour!

"/
And Shannon is also having a great give-a-way! 

3 comments:

  1. cute coverups!! i love the big pockets and the terrycloth fabric you found is perfect!!!! very clever to turn this pattern into a coverup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart idea to use the pattern for swimsuit coverups! The coverups look great. I also like the roomy pockets you added.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...